Tuesday Roll Call

Liz R.
on 2/21/11 8:05 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All - I don't have anything witty this morning. Turned out yesterday that I have pink eye in BOTH my eyes - lucky me! I went home around lunchtime after going to the Drs. Today I am at wor****il 3:30 - 4 or as long as I can stand it! lol

After work running into the Dollar STore and maybe Marshalls, we'll see how I am feeling. Then off to Mom's to pick up Mia and home to snuggle with my Smunchy now that I am not contagious anymore!

Have a good day all and safe travels, it's a little slippery out there.
steffihope
on 2/21/11 8:10 pm - Philadelphia, PA
So - we were posting at the same time Liz - uch....how did you get pink-eye?!?!  Feel better sweetie! :)

OK - so it is NOT the frozen Tundra - but I will take it - and I haven't even had theopportunity to talk with Mother Nature this week.  This is just a sweet sweet surprise from her.  She rocks! :)  However, I am not sure why schools are closed.  The only thing I can think of is that since I am in the northern part of the city, the southern must be worse.  Who knows - either way - I am going to head back up to my room and climb in bed next to my yummy hubby and go back to sleep!  (Maybe......)

So, to be totally honest, I have NO IDEA what the rest of the day looks like.  I guess bills, gett Molly to work on her Thank-You's.  Straighten up a few things, maybe I will make more pop-corn - now that Larry got the propane stove in the house.  Hmmm....maybe I will even cook something....NAH....who are we kidding here?!?! :)  I don't even know what is up with Hebrew School this afternoon.  We shall see.

What are you up to on this BEAUTIFUL day?!?!
bvohl
on 2/21/11 8:32 pm
Good Morning Liz and PA!!

Sorry to hear about that nasty pink eye! Hope you feel better real soon!!

Well the last twenty four hours have been very stressful to say the least! Sunday night I got a call from my brother that my Dad was spiking a fever of 102 plus and they were probably going to take him to the hospital. We found out that he has pneumonia AGAIN, plus congestive heart failure oh and a heart attack sometime in the last week!! So, he is in critical care and being well taken care of. I am struggling with a lot of mixed emotions! On one hand I want him to recover, but on the other I feel that his quality of life will not be good. Now, that he has heart issues it will certainly complicate things. He is 82 years old and has alot of other health issues. I was thinking about all that he has overcome. He beat prostate cancer and a meningioma in his brain. At least my brother and I are on the same page as far as what we want for him. We want him to be comfortable with no heroic measures. Even my Dad said that he did not want to be resuscitated!  Going through this really SUCKS!! I just wonder how much more he can take before his body gives out! PLEASE send me positive thoughts and strength to get through this whatever happens! I am already preparing myself for the worst(which might actually be the best). I love my Dad but I hate to see him suffering!!!

So, although I have off from school day I will be at the hospital most of the day!

I am hoping things work out for the best....

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Nicole0216
on 2/21/11 8:42 pm - Lancaster, PA
Beth you have been in my thoughts I know that this is so hard for you all but I am glad you and your brother at least agree on the course of action. That makes it so much easier to deal with then when there is dissention. Hugs
Patricia R.
on 2/21/11 9:13 pm - Perry, MI
Beth, I am so sorry you are going through this.  Lean on your faith, and trust your God for strength and wisdom.  I am praying for all of you.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

spirit56
on 2/22/11 1:08 am - Philadelphia, PA
Beth,

Sorry to hear about your dad.  I know that you want what is best for him.  Of course that does not make it any easier for you.  I am glad that you and your brother are in agreement.  I will keep all of you in my prayers.  Take care sweetie and be gentle with yourself.

Love, Donna
steffihope
on 2/22/11 3:06 am - Philadelphia, PA
Sending you love and strength - and putting your dad AND you on the Mishebeirach list ! :)
bvohl
on 2/22/11 6:34 am
Steffi,

THANKS!! His name is Isadore "Izzy" Tilonsky. I need that love and strength....

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lynnc99
on 2/21/11 8:38 pm
Good morning snowy PA!

I have been working since about 6 a.m. and will wrap things up early this afternoon - that allows me to have time to spend with Sarah and the kids. Is it totally tacky to tell you that we might go to the beach?

I can't believe the weather up in PA! Mike says they had roof damage to one of their plants due to the wind.

Beth, I'm so sorry you're struggling with your dad. You are in my prayers!

Liz, take care of the eyes! Pink eye hurts!
Lisa H.
on 2/21/11 8:38 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning Liz.. hope your eyes get better.. pink eye can be such a hassle and gross... 

working til 3:30.. Siehara woke up on the wrong side of the bed.. or better yet, she said that she's been up most of the night because Skecher kept climbing on her meowing loudly.  Told her that's when she has to kick him out and close her door... hopefully, she'll be on her best behavior today through her tiredness.  

She has detention today for repeatedly poking one of her friends in the head... Apparently she and 2 other girls thought that the constant poking would help the girl's headache???   Anyway, I'll have to pick her up at 3:45 when I am done with work.  She has therapy tonight, so I'll be sure this comes up during session. 

Tonight, I'll head to the gym for pilates.  I went to Body Combat last night and WOW! What a workout!! It was very hard, but I kept up the best I could and will go back once I figure out when the real class will be. 

It's cold here, but very little snow thankfully.  If you have snow, please be careful...have a great day!

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views